Amazon Best Sellers in the Home Office Furniture Category
The demand for home office furniture has exploded since the beginning of the pandemic. Some companies, such as Google, are even reimbursing their employees for home office needs. And given how many companies are considering making remote work permanent, the “Home Office Furniture” category on Amazon is worth looking at closely.
Using the proprietary analytics software of DataHawk, my employer, I’ve analyzed all the brands and products in the Top 100 list of the Home Office Furniture category on Amazon as of late-September in terms of their sales rank and time on the list since January 1, 2020.
Top 4 Brands
1. Furinno is the overall winner of the category so far, with 90 products in the Top 100. Not only did it have more products in the Top 100, but Furinno also spent the most time there since January 1 — 3,058 days collectively, for all products. The average for all brands in the top 100 was 103 days. An underlying factor could be that Furinno’s average selling price is $57 versus the category average of $128 for the Top 100. Apparently, consumers are looking for simplicity and functionality rather than style and design.
2. BestOffice. Consumers’ interest in “office chair” has been growing, according to Google Trends. BestOffice had 37 products (mostly chairs) in the Amazon Top 100, with an average selling price of $87.
3. AmazonBasics had 38 products in the Top 100 for the Home Office Furniture category. While that is one fewer than BestOffice as a brand (38 versus 37), AmazonBasics spent less time there — 1,415 days versus 1,430. As such, it is in third place on our brand leaderboard. Brands with larger catalogs carry more SKUs and have a higher likelihood of making the Top 100. Another DataHawk metric, “Brand Presence Rate by Product,” looks at a brand’s collective time in the Top 100 across all products for a given category as a percentage of its theoretical maximum. Here too, BestOffice trumps Amazon Basics: 15.0 percent versus 14.5.
4. SHW. Despite a hefty average selling price of $189, SHW had 24 products in the Top 100. This points to a strong brand reputation, given the cheaper alternatives.
Top 4 Products
Three of the top four best-selling products in the Home Office Furniture Category are chairs.
1. BestOffice Ergonomic Office Chair. Since January, the best sales rank was 4, and the worst was 63.
- Price: $42.99
- Reviews: 5,016
- Star Rating: 4.3 out of 5
2. Green Forest L-Shaped Corner Desk. The best sales rank since January was 2, and the worst was 88.
- Price: $129.99
- Reviews: 7,185
- Star Rating: 4.3 out of 5
3. Furmax Lumbar Support Desk. Since January, the highest sales rank was 1, and the lowest was 61.
- Price: $49.99
- Reviews: 11,870
- Star Rating: 4.0 out of 5
4. Amazon Basic Office Desk Chair with Armrest. The best sales rank since January was 2, and the lowest was 78.
- Price: $92.60
- Reviews: 10,827
- Star Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Top 4 ‘Rising Stars’ Products
The “rising stars” products below have recently cracked the top 100 in the Home Office Furniture category on Amazon U.S.
1. AuAg Small Computer Desk Home Office Desk. AuAg is a good example of a company that’s adapting to the pandemic. AuAg is known for its quality gamers’ desks. As Covid-19 quickly spread earlier this year, AuAg developed a tiny desk for the new audience of homebound workers. And it worked. First seen on Amazon in May, the desk now has over 500 reviews and a 4.6-star rating out of 5 — thanks to a low selling price of $79.99.
2. Furinno Compact Computer Desk. Here’s another tiny desk on the list. Such desks are popular for urban workers in apartments with limited space.
3. Furinno Simplistic A Frame Computer Desk. Yet another Furinno home desk! This one has only three reviews and a 3.3-star rating as of late August. Still, it ranked 4th in the Top 100 for three consecutive days in September.
4. Yasoon Computer Desk for Home Office. This home-office desk was first listed on Amazon on September 11. It has made the Top 100 ever since, despite having just one review.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!